Advent Health Center Ice is a place where hockey players from around Tampa Bay will test their skills. Whether you are new to the sport or looking to join a league, there are numerous youth programs available at our facility. Our in-house rec hockey program has 20 teams ranging from u8-u16. Each hockey season runs for 4 months, with practices and games on weekends here at AHCI. For more details scroll down to the FAQ section below
Are you an aspiring hockey player? Click HERE to learn the steps you can take to get started in this great sport!
**AHCI’s Hockey Dept. reserves the right to adjust ALL ROSTERS through Week 5 (this is to maintain a fair, fun and competitive league for all)**
Summer Rec League
May 1, 2020 – August 2, 2020
Divisions U10 – U16
- Evaluations May 2 & 3 , 2020
- Saturday and Sunday Ice Times: May 9*, 10, 16, 17, 30, 31, June 13*, 14*, 20, 21, 27, 28, July 11, 12, 25*, 26.
- Blackout Weekends – May 23 & 24, June 6 & 7, July 4, 5, 18 & 19.
- Playoff Weekend – August 1 & 2
- *Potential practice and game on same day
- 10U | 2009 to 2010 birth year | No Checking
- 12U | 2008 to 2007 birth year | No Checking
- U14/U16 | 2006 to 2003 birth year | Rubbing Out
- Early Bird Discount | $550.00 + tax | Ends April 1
- Regular Price | $595.00 + tax
Mini-Mites & Mites
- Friday 6:00-7:00 PM or 7:15-8:15 PM
- May 8, 15, 29, June 5, 12, 19, 26, July 10, 24, 31
- Jamborees: May 10, May 30, June 20, July 25, August 1
- Evaluations: May 1, 2020
- Blackout Days: May 22, July 3, July 17.
- 6U | 2014 birth year and under
- 8U | 2011 to 2013 birth year
- Early Bird Discount | $330.00 + tax | Ends April 1
- Regular Price | $385.00
- Save $50.00 for players coming directly from Lightning Learn to Play or Rookie League
Stars of the Week
After two weeks off our rec teams came back with an exciting weekend of hockey. Congratulations to this week’s Division Stars!
⭐️U10 – Owen kept his legs moving all game with excellent backchecking. He did a great job killing an important penalty late in the game and scored 2 goals to help get his team’s offense going.
⭐️U12 – On his birthday, Trevor played a dominating offensive game with 6 SOG and displayed tenacious back checking. Trevor proudly shows the game puck and his support for #PlayforPaige bringing Leukemia awareness.
⭐️U14/U16 – Ryan had one assist, one goal and demonstrated the qualities of a good teammate
Information & FAQ
- All families/participants must have a FREE AdventHealth Center Ice account to register. Click HERE to create an account.
- All players will register online by clicking the “Register Now” button at the bottom of their division’s homepage.
- Registrants will accept the AdventHealth Center Ice waiver and enter their current USA Hockey number during registration and then proceed to payment.
Goalies must register by using the goalie registration link. Each team will have 2 goalies for the season. Goalies will share playing time for the entire regular season.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Corey Tudor- Youth Hockey Coordinator
AHCI follows the basic of rules of USA Hockey and is committed to offering a fun, fair and competitive Rec Hockey League.
What should players wear? Full gear including skates, shin pads, elbow pads, shoulder pads, gloves, helmet with cage, pants, cup and stick. Jerseys are handed out once teams have been finalized.
How much ice time do we have? Between 20-25 ice times (includes practice, games, and playoffs).
Where are our ice times? All AHCI Rec League games and practice are held are at AHCI.
Are there tryouts? There are no tryouts or cuts. We hold evaluations at the beginning of each season to form teams that are as equal and competitive as possible.
How long is the summer hockey season? May 1 – Aug 2 2020